Supervisor: Production Assicoiate
Hours: 10-20 hrs/week
Position Summary: The Production Intern reports to the Production Manager and assists the Production Team in coordinating various elements of Youth Speaks productions to ensure all of our events remain professionally produced, well attended, and vibrant, and will work to highlight the varying levels of artistic presentation and performances the organization produces. Interns will also serve as volunteer coordinators at all our public events. Interns will also get experience in arts administration as it relates to public events. This is an unpaid internship; however, hours may apply as credit depending on academic institution.
- Assist Production Team with coordinating various elements of productions specifically related to pre- and post-production
- Serve as volunteer coordinator and Interfaces with Youth Speaks volunteers through outreach and management during events
- General office administration duties including data entry, filing, answering phones, direct calls, and answering emails
- Experience in any performance art production work is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects
- Commitment to creating safe spaces for youth, artists, and audiences alike
- Strong skills including mastery of Google Docs, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and display strong interpersonal skills
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have strong communication, organizational, and research skills and a proven ability to be persistent and resourceful. Must have a personal commitment to creating safe spaces for youth to develop artistically and a desire for the performing arts.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org