Creating Safe Space
Family & Acceptance
Youth Speaks first presented Queeriosity in 1999, the brainchild of two young members of the organization. It is a safe space for queer youth who are reshaping the contours of our conversations about sexuality, identity, and community. Queer youth and their allies come together and declare themselves present and unafraid.
QUEERIOSITY: JUST AS WE ARE
Thursday July, 20th | 7pm
San Francisco War Memorial and Performing Arts Center
401 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102
QUEERIOSITY 2017: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The theme for 2017 is “Just as we are.” Queeriosity will take place July 20th, 2017.
This event is for queer writers planning to attend the 20th Annual Brave New Voices International Poetry Festival, July 19-22, 2017 or Bay Area youth 13-19.
Available July 20, 2017 to perform in the Bay Area
April 15, 2017
Interested performers should submit:
- 1-2 poems to be considered for the showcase.
- Poem length cannot exceed three minutes and thirty seconds.
- You will only perform one poem.
- A brief 50 word or less bio
- A response to the following question: What is your contribution to the we?