As we continue to explore new opportunities to gather & build community within an ever-changing world, here is an update on the ways we will continue to practice harm reduction & remain accountable to your safety.
In the interest of maintaining a safe and accountable environment for all participants, failure to abide by these protocols can result in ineligibility to participate in Youth Speaks activities.
Protocol for all In-Person Events* as of 1/20/22
Proof of vaccination OR negative test TAKEN within 72 hours, COVID screening, masks, and contract tracing are required upon arrival at every Youth Speaks activity.
Vaccination and Screening
For all events attendees *must* check-in at the proof of vaccination / COVID screening table
- Attendees will be directed to two sign-in stations: one for proof of vaccination/COVID screening, proof of negative test results within 72 hours; the second for contact tracing.
- Attendees who have registered for our activities via Airtable can bypass the contact tracing check-in by filling out the online health declaration form and showing confirmation to staff upon entry. All other attendees must check-in at table two for contact tracing.
- Registration will be facilitated on-site for all interested attendees via QR codes, located at the contact tracing station.
For all workshops
- All check-ins will occur at the entrance of the room, with the Youth Speaks Poet Mentor-in-Residence.
- Registration is required for all workshop participants.
Will there be masks available on-site?
- Masks will be available at every Youth Speaks event. We still strongly encourage you to bring your own, if possible.
Where can I get tested or vaccinated before an event?
- For testing: sf.gov/gettested
- For vaccination & boosters: sf.gov/getvaccinated
- For household COVID tests: special.usps.com/testkits
I’m vaccinated! How do I know if I’m “Up-to-Date”?
- If you have: (a) fully completed the initial course of vaccines—either two doses of Moderna or Pfizer or one dose of a Johnson & Johnson vaccine, AND (b) received a booster shot one week before the event in question
- If you have: (a) fully completed the initial course of vaccines—either two doses of Moderna or Pfizer or one dose of a Johnson & Johnson vaccine within five months of the event in question [read: if you are currently ineligible to receive a booster]
Are there any exceptions?
- Currently, the only exception is for youth under the age of COVID vaccination availability (age 5, as of 1/1/22).
- If other exceptions or accommodations are needed, please coordinate in advance with our Youth Speaks COVID Liaisons at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please communicate any concerns or possible exceptions to our Youth Speaks COVID Liaison: email@example.com